The Analysis of Data Project
The Analysis of Data Project provides educational material in the area of data analysis.
- The project features comprehensive coverage of all relevant disciplines including probability, statistics, computing, and machine learning.
- The content is almost self-contained and includes mathematical prerequisites and basic computing concepts.
- The R programming language is used to demonstrate the contents. Full code is available, facilitating reproducibility of experiments and letting readers experiment with variations of the code.
- The presentation is mathematically rigorous, and includes derivations and proofs in most cases.
- HTML versions are freely available on the website http://theanalysisofdata.com. Hardcopies are available at affordable prices.
Please email the author with typos, comments, and suggestions for improvements.
About the Author
leads several engineering teams working on developing the infrastructure and the machine learning algorithms that power feed personalization at LinkedIn. Prior to that he was an advisor to an SVP and a senior manager at Amazon, leading the machine learning science team at Amazon's main campus in Seattle WA. Prior to that Guy was a tenured professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology. His main research areas are machine learning and data science. Guy received his PhD from Carnegie Mellon University and BA, and MS degrees from Technion - Israel Institute of Technology. Dr. Lebanon has authored over 60 refereed publications. He was the program chair of the 2012 ACM CIKM Conference, the conference chair of AI & Statistics and is an action editor of Journal of Machine Learning Research. He received the NSF CAREER Award, the WWW best student paper award, the ICML best paper runner-up award, the Yahoo Faculty Research and Engagement Award, and is a Siebel Scholar.